attachements in email

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Boris-VTR, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Boris-VTR macrumors regular

Does iOS 7 still have no way of attaching multiple pdfs or iwork files in one email (lets say i wanna replay to co-worker and attach 5 files in one email) without using some 3rd party apps?

2. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

You ask how to send multiple zips, etc. without 3rd party app, can I ask how you send even one (without 3rd part app)? Within Mail I can only send photos or videos.

3. Boris-VTR thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, some pdfs can bo opened with bookshelf or something like that.

4. Still100 macrumors regular

I hate iOS for not being able to attach multiple attachments. Apple don't care for these things. It's stupid ignorance like this that means windows tablets will start to do well.

5. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

Absolutely. Apples complete failure to provide and even half-way decent email app is beyond my comprehension. Their complete apathy and arrogance towards things like this deserves to be their downfall...they are so behind all the competition in virtually every arena now...is it any wonder their market share is dropping?

6. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

If you don't like this, go with Android. /s As people will tell you

7. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

You can't. But there are lots of apps that provide such function (such as documents). You can use that app for all your files, (and it's very easy to use.)

8. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

Yup that's what I'm waiting to hear!! :)

I have a lot of Apple kit but that doesn't cloud me to the fact that it really isn't all it's cracked up to be. And this "it just works" bollocks....

9. Boris-VTR thread starter macrumors regular

Whar is name of this app?
    So with this app you can upload multiple pdfs, mp3s,pages and word documents into one email using iOS?

10. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I have an app called phone drive which stores files and allows me to select many and email them...

11. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I haven't done that slightly peculiar combination, since we're generally using GDrive or something to collaborate across multiple files (of multiple types), but just last week sitting in DCA, I sent someone two PPTX decks from my iPad, both attached in an email.

iFiles >> Edit/Select Both >> Email/Attach

Of course it's an app that uses "proxy storage", but it works terrific, can be configured to access GD, DropBox, S3, SFTP, etc., etc., and provides a stub for "open in" during most operations.

Attached Files:

12. Boris-VTR thread starter macrumors regular

Thanx man, that is what i was looking for. Sure, we should not have to use 3rd party apps to do one of the most basic and fundamental task such as attaching files to email, but what can you do :)

13. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Yeah, let me know if you have any other questions, since that's a pay app (though cheap), I can check out if your specific scenario is doable before you buy. :)

FYI, there's also an app called Attachments, it's like an email client that's specially for that, it's designed to easily link to external resources like DropBox in an email.

It's interesting, while this is a iOS limitation, I find myself rarely running into it very much, just because me , my partners, collaborators, teams, etc., have mostly moved towards a more central storage type model using DropBox, GDrive, iCloud, etc.

14. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Not to be dumb but if I do a search in the app store for "documents" I find over 1600 apps and none look like the picture you showed (of course I gave up looking after about 80 or so). Can you give me some direction on this as I would like to look at it.

Thanks

15. Wbutchart macrumors regular

Documents by readdle stores files, allows multiple emails and zips files etc.

Multiple email is easily possible, not perhaps the easiest method but not hard by any means.

16. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I still don't get why people are talking about the inability to attach *multiple* files without a 3rd party app, as opposed to simply the inability to attach *any* number of files including just one.

The Mail app can only attach photos or videos. If you want to send a .doc (for example), you always need a 3rd party app as far as I can tell. It's down to the quality of that app as to whether you can attach to an email at all, and, if you can, whether you can only attach a single .doc or multiple .docs. Some apps certainly can attach multiple, and Mail has no problem accepting multiple attachments from other apps. But I didn't think was ever the issue at hand, seeing as OP acknowledges 3rd party apps from the start.

So just a bit :confused: as to what the point of this is...

17. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

Documents by readdle (as you already know ;))

18. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Oh geez, sorry about that, the app pics I posted are from iFiles!

Here's the site:

http://www.ifilesapp.com

Direct link to the App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ifiles/id336683524?mt=8

Another neat couples of functions of iFiles:

Device-to-device transfer via BT
    Has a web-server you can connect to for downloading/uploading files through a PC/browser

DT

19. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

20. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

OK got ifiles, but dumb me I cannot find the way to access directly dropbox, google drive or skydrive. Have I missed something or is it not there?

21. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

When you're at the Dashboard, (tap <Back till you navigate there), tap the [+] icon in the top left corner, and you'll see all the services you can add.

I just noticed they added a ton of new ones too: Flickr, Skydrive, SugarSync, SoundCloud. Pretty cool.

22. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Thanks so much, boy was that too easy!! :):)

23. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Oooh ... just tried it, its great ! And the best part is that iCloud can be used as Standard Storage now with Sync to the same app on Ipad or other devices .... Excellent since I have 25GB on it :D