Attaching file to thread

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dintymoore, Aug 2, 2016.

1. dintymoore macrumors newbie

dintymoore

I really like my Kensington trackball #64325 and was bummed when yesterday, after putting a new hard drive in my mid-2010 MacBook Pro found out that Kensington had stopped making the driver for 10.6.8 available anymore.

I phoned Kensington, got disconnected after 5 min, phoned back and a tech who could barely speak English told me he'd send me the driver in the next 5 min. Twenty min later with no driver received I phoned back again (each time doing the painful name, email, phone number routine to a person I couldn't understand) and another tech told me that the old driver I needed was no longer available. I told her that that was untrue and that I knew they had that driver there. She said no and asked if I wanted to talk to her supervisor, which I did. He told me yes they had the driver and he would send it to me and he did. That took about an hour. I had, before phoning Kensington, searched for quite awhile for the driver online to no avail.

So I have the driver (it's 2.8 MB for the compressed version or 3 MB for the uncompressed) for 10.6.8 and would like to post it here for the next guy. How do I attach it to a post here?

2. JohnDS macrumors 65816

I don't think it would be legal for MacRumors to allow you to post commercial software here without the permission of Kensington.

3. dintymoore thread starter macrumors newbie

dintymoore

That could be true, even though Kensington no longer offers the driver they still own it and can use it as a lever to get people to buy a new trackball even though it is the same as the one they made 10 years ago.

If anyone needs the Kensington trackball driver for 10.6.8 email me, or phone Kensington tech and ask for Henlalmuon Gangte, the supervisor who assisted me.