attaching pages to emails

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by trueman, Apr 25, 2008.

1. trueman macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've recently installed pages onto my new notebook. When i go into my yahoo account and try to attach any of the documents to my email though it wont let me. It will show that the documents are there but they are in a slightly fainter font and wont let me click on them. It will however let me attach the documents from the text/edit application.

Have i just not installed pages properly or am i doing something wrong?

Help!

Thanks

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Pages documents are complicated - they're essentially a bundle of several files - hence the weirdness when pasting into an email. The best way to email them is to use the export feature within Pages and export to either .doc or .pdf. That way the person on the other end will be able to read them even if they don't have pages.

3. trueman thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

thank you! you angel! just worked out how to export the file and email it.

Much appreciated.

4. NGMstudios macrumors newbie

dude, mac forums rox

Thank you to all that make this website possible! If not for it, I would have no idea how to maneuver through the basics of the Mac. This site helps a lot!

However, this Pages dilemma is really kooky. I understand that not everyone has a Mac which might pose problems for people reading Pages documents but come on... I just searched for this same problem-how do I attach a Pages document to an email? Thank you, tersono, for the heads up, bud. Can they not design an update for Pages and at least try to fix the things that make it, arguably, more inferior than Word? Maybe not 'inferior' but 'Fisher Price-ish'...

Macs are the best computer overall. Why people buy PC's is beyond me.

Thanks again to MacForums for help!