Attachments don't send with MS Exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by usererror, Feb 24, 2010.

1. usererror macrumors newbie

I have a few users in my organization that have iphone 3GS phones and they cannot send email with attachments (most of pictures they take from the phone for work purposes).

We are using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2.

I have another user who does have Yahoo Mail on his iphone as well as his exchange account and it does send, but it always uses Yahoo.

Anyone have an idea about why it wont send with Exchange? Thanks in advance.

2. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

When you go to the image and tell it to email does it attach the photo.jpg to the message?

Did you check to see if the exchange server has an attachment limit that is preventing the

1. File Size
    2. File Type

from being sent from

A. A mobile device
    B. Anyone

?

3. usererror thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you check to see if the exchange server has an attachment limit that is preventing the

1. File Size - we can send 25mb attachments from webmail/full outlook client.
    2. File Type - we can send JPG files just fine from a PC. Does the iphone take its picture in jpg file format?

from being sent from

A. A mobile device - do these not use the same standards as webmail/outlook client?
    B. Anyone - - do these not use the same standards as webmail/outlook client?