Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjmericle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2011
Hey guys. One of the execs at my company reported this issue and i am able to reproduce on my iphone. When forwarding an email with multiple attachments from our exchange account on the device, some of the attachments will be removed from the email (before the email is sent). In testing i've narrowed down the problem to be emails that have multiple attachments of the same file type. So if i forward an email with a pdf, xls and doc attachment they all appear in the forwarding email before I send it. However, if that same email has an additional attachment of the same file type( ex: pdf, pdf, xls and doc) then the forwarding email only shows a single attachment and that is the only attachment that is sent. I don't see this issue with my gmail account in the native email app, only the exchange account. I ran the same tests on my ipad running iOS 9.2 and did not have the problem. Our EAS policy allows for up to a 50MB attachment, so it's not an attachment size issue ( plus the attachments ive tested are small). The only thing I can surmise is a bug with 9.3.1 and exchange. Has any of you seen this issue since moving to iOS 9.3.1?

Thanks in advance.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I'm running 9.3.2b1 and just tested this with my work exchange account and I can forward multiple, same-file-type attachments without any issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.