Attemped Hijacking of Fedex...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rocko1, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Fedex drive delivered my phone today. Driver said his co-worker in the next city over was almost hijacked at gunpoint by a guy in a white van who had been tailing him for sometime. Pulled up alongside him, pointed his gun at him and said pull over. The driver sped off called police and drove to the station. Cops are still looking for the crook.

It's getting bad out there.

2. Cryates macrumors 65816

So many idiots in the world. All of this over a phone.

3. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Batman voice: Give me all your boxes from Apple and no one gets hurt.

:mad:

I hope he knows how easy it is to track a hundred stolen phones... lol

4. jamets515 macrumors regular

He just wanted to make sure he got his before work.

5. vitacura macrumors regular

6. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

7. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

not if you sell them overseas tonight

8. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

9. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

And in another thread people were so surprised some of us here carry firearms for protection.

Anytime. Anywhere. Anyone.

10. JOSE891, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

No if you bought them on a contract or financing them from your carrier, you need last 4 ssn, zip, and I believe dob to even activate them.

11. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

12. RyanG macrumors 6502

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

At the risk of sending this to the PRSI how would a firearm have done any good in that situation? All it would have done is escalated the situation, and likely gotten the driver shot as he was going for a gun to start a shootout.

14. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

San Diego. The driver said the theft is so rampant with these. He won't leave them on door steps when there are kids or people out walking around, he knows the risk and leaves a note to pick it up at the fedex office.

15. erzhik macrumors 6502

What kind of a moron do you have to be to pull a gun on a delivery guy while he was still in the truck, driving? Just wait till he stops to make a drop off.

16. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

Am I missing something? Apple can kill switch any iPhone. FedEx would report this and the phones would be useless anywhere in the world.

17. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

"That" situation was fortunate for the driver. A more motivated criminal won't hesitate to use a firearm, as they know Fedex drivers more than likely don't carry firearms for protection. This makes you an easy target for crime. Think in the last 15 years or so where the most horrific mass shootings have occurred. The places where guns are banned such as cities like Chicago, Washington DC, schools, military facilities unless you are an authorized firearm carrier, and so on...

"Going for a gun" doesn't involve telling the criminal that you are armed and about to defend yourself. Especially while in a moving vehicle.

Edit: And on a side note, I didn't say he should use a gun in his situation. But be prepared. Most states concealed carry teachers teach you that your first duty is to retreat, even with 'stand your ground' legislation. Believe me, I try to avoid ALL confrontations while carrying a firearm, no matter how minor they may be.