Attempt at jb 2 ipod touch= messed up computer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by mealzonwheelz, Feb 4, 2009.

1. mealzonwheelz macrumors newbie

A few days ago i (unsuccessfuly) attempted to jb my 2g ipod touch. About a few hours later itunes didn't detect my ipod when i plugged it in w/ the usb. I didn't think too much of it and i just turned of my comp. Then when i turned it on, allovasudden i had no internet connection (which is odd bcuz i can still use safari and youtube on my ipod.) It also said that no audio output device is installed, so i couldn't hear any music on my comp. Any1 have an idea on what happened and what i should do?

2. Goroke macrumors member

It's a CODE 10 problem, where your drivers aren't completely synchronized with your computer. It's entirely due to libusb that you installed for the window. I haven't found a solid solution, rather than going to the device manager and enabling and disabling (or deleting and reinstalling) the broken drivers. And that doesn't really work out since it resets every time you reboot your computer.

So...I would like a solution for this problem as well...

3. SeanFace macrumors newbie

I also had this problem, uninstalling libusb fixes it. Apart from this I can only make a couple suggestions, are you using Vista (I ask because I am), if so try installing libusb with xp compatibility mode turned on for it. Or try finding a different version of libusb if possible (not sure if any exist). I've been to busy to give Jailbreaking my 2g Touch another shot so those are only suggestions. Let us know how you get on.

4. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Just curious, but are you running Windows Vista 64bit? I heard redsn0w doesn't like it :p

5. SeanFace macrumors newbie

Don't know if this was directed at me or OP but i'm on 32bit.