Attempt to exchange iPhone 3G tommorow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theunlocker, Jul 26, 2008.

1. theunlocker macrumors member

I have a genius bar appointment tommorow and attempting to get a replacement iPhone 3G White. A apple rep. told me today you may exchange it no questions asked if it is cosmetically damage by the manufacturer(SP?) As many of you guys know that the white has many problems from the cracks in the housing to the black shadow. I have the black shadow and trying my luck tommorow. Wish me luck and I will report back.

2. theunlocker thread starter macrumors member

Good News!!! I actually got it replaced! Also picked up the 3G dock. In and out in less than 15 mins. Great service Apple. I got it exchanged for not a flushed side with the chrome. Thanks alot!

3. aosman macrumors 6502

That is good news! I have always had a good customer service experience with the iPhone at the Genius Bar. I did not know that cosmetically damaged iPhones can be replaced. How about if I purchased it from AT&T, would I still be able to get it switched at an Apple Store?

4. richg916 macrumors regular

I bought mine at AT&T and had a problem with the earpiece failing and Apple replaced it without a question.

5. theunlocker thread starter macrumors member

Not a problem, just bring in your receipt and they wont give the OEM box they will come brand new from a 3rd party box.