Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lbf007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2011
Okay a friend gave me her son's old iPhone they had dropped and cracked the screen. It sat here for over a year and then my kids discovered it and were playing with it basically like an ipod touch. Last night my oldest had saved up and we went to Apple and she bought herself an Ipod Touch. Tonight I tried to clean up the broken iPhone so my little girl could use it like an Ipod Touch. I guess I screwed up. I chose to restore it thinking it would wipe out the old photos, inappropriate music, apps and all and I could start from scratch. Now I can't do anything. I find some posts where people describe similar situations but no help. Have I totally screwed this up? Itunes recognizes the iphone but that is it. No way to do anything with it on itunes but eject. The iphone itself says no service and shows the usb cord to an itunes logo. But it is connected to my pc and itunes again shows it in the device list but nothing.

Any advice? Does it need activation? I have no service or account. It has the original sim card there. I just don't know what else to try at this point!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.