Attempting to downgrade Baseband, now stuck in Recovery

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FunFred2007, Jun 18, 2012.

1. FunFred2007, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

FunFred2007 macrumors newbie

I had upgraded my BB to 6.15.00 to unlock my 3GS (2 weeks before ATT decided they'd allow it). Afraid I may screw something up, I have left my 3GS on 5.0.1 with the iPad baseband.

Now I am attempting to downgrade it. I figured while I'm at it, I may as well upgrade to 5.1.1 too.

Well, now I have a problem. I attempted to downgrade using the 5.1.1 IPSW (and following Musclenerd's instructions). Now I am completely stuck in Recovery Mode. I've tried TinyUmbrella, redsn0w (all combinations of 5.0.1, 5.1.1, install iPad BB, downgrade iPad BB, install Cydia, don't install Cydia).

When I look in TinyUmbrella, my phone looks like a mass of numbers (instead of FunFred's iPhone). When I attempt to Restore in iTunes (from a stock IPSW) I get Error 20.

When I attempt something from ressn0w, I get an error saying "please perform a clean slide to power off". However, I don't think this is possible, since I'm stuck in Recovery Mode.

So...any suggestions? I'll name my first child after you. Or a goldfish or something.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

EDIT: I attempted to restore from the stock 5.0.1 IPSW, and got the error "This Device is not eligible for the selected build"

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Restore to a custom 5.1.1 ipsw first.
    Then once you're up and running power off your iphone and try the downgrade with redsnow again.

3. FunFred2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed...somehow

Well, I'm not exactly sure what happened. But here's the update:

After my last edit, I attempted to Restore the 5.1.1 stock IPSW via iTunes. That worked, and I now am back to my original BB (5.16.05), not 5.13.04 (what redsn0w downgrades to).

Therefore, apparently somewhere along the way, I did something right. My iPhone was wiped clean and appears to be as good as new (pending testing a few things: GPS, etc.).

So...I hope this helps someone with a similar problem!

Please let me know if you have any questions about what I did or need some clarification.