Attempting to Pair Watch with Nnew 6 Plus s

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by laffnvegas, Nov 21, 2015.

1. laffnvegas macrumors member

laffnvegas

I bought myself a birthday present this evening and upgraded my 6 plus to a 6 Plus s, problem is I thought it would be easy to pair the watch to the new phone and it's not :-( It does this thing where it states to Hold Apple Watch up to the Camera, Align it with the viewfinder below. ...Well I have done that about 30 times and nothing, the other option is to Pair Manually and it states to Tap the "i" icon on yyour Apple Watch to view its name.... OK where the heck is that, I have no clue???? Can anyone help?

2. Caromsoft macrumors regular

Caromsoft

I had problems pairing my new watch. It kept telling me my WiFi wasn't reliable enough o_O. So I turned off the WiFi on my phone and let it pair over my LTE connection. Worked perfectly the first time. No idea what the problem was.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Try rebooting both watch and your new phone. Make sure you new phone is on the latest OS.

4. axantas macrumors member

axantas

You did make an encrypted backup of your old iPhone and have unpaired the watch from the old phone?
    Did the same a couple of days ago and could not finish the proces until I unpaired it. Just after that this rotating pixel-thing appeared on the watch for the pairing process with the camera.
    (Encryption of the backup is mandatory for restoring personal data of the watch)

5. laffnvegas thread starter macrumors member

laffnvegas

I was finally able to get it paired today but took several things. I had unpaired the watch from the old phone when I was at the Verizon store and everything was backed up. I finally just shut down both the watch and the phone and rebooted them back up and tried again and it finally worked.

Thanks for everyone's replies :)