Attempting to put Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro using VMware...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dmNichole, Sep 7, 2010.

1. dmNichole macrumors newbie

My school has a connection with MSDN, so we get Windows OS for free, legally. Anyways I need to put Windows on my mac for school and I've decided to go with VMware after having issues with Bootcamp. So to start off I have VMware on my mac and it's all set up I just need the Windows 7 disk. So I go to the MSDN website, purchase and download Windows 7. Obviously it shows up as a .exe file on my mac, but my goal is to burn the .ISO to a DVD so I can install it on VMware. I know how to burn an .ISO onto a DVD using a mac and PC however is there a way to do it on my mac even though it just shows up as an .exe file? I have no access to a PC with a working disk drive.

I'm desperate and frustrated and anything will help at this point,
    thank you.

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Strange that you had to purchase something you school gives for free and you couldnt get bootcamp to work. Anyways MSDN does have iso downloads but make sure you're getting the full windows 7, not the upgrade. You can get the dvd from your school or download one from the web and use the key from msdn. Or download it to a school workstation and run the exe which will extract an iso you can burn to a dvd.