Attempting to reinstall Lion. Please help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by apatel87, Jul 22, 2011.

1. apatel87 macrumors regular

I bought a 2011 Macbook Pro two weeks ago and downloaded Lion through the UptoDate program. Everything seemed fine. I didnt do a clean install but rather an upgrade.
    I wanted to reformat the computer to its factory settings and give it to my sister since I bought the new Macbook Air. However when I put in my snow leopard install CD that came iwth the computer I get an error that states: You can't use this version of application install Mac OS X with this version of Mac OS X. You have Install Mac OS X 23.1.1"

Ok then I ifgure I can try to create a bootable Lion DVD but when I go to the APp store to redownload the app it says that I have the application installed already and I cant find a way to redownload. Can anyone help me figure out the best way to completely reformat the comp and then upgrade/fresh install to Leopard. Any tutorial or instructions would really help.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

You can follow this link which will allow you to do a clean install of Lion. Why not just give your sister Lion? I don't see why you need to give SL to her. If you still want to, then do a search on Google in a week or so when Lion is broken down by nerds all over the world. I'm sure they will put up nice articles.

3. mmduluth macrumors regular

Hold down the option key while clicking the “Purchased” button in the app store and you can re download it.