Attempting to switch to mac from ubuntu

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lonegeek, Jan 19, 2008.

1. lonegeek macrumors member

lonegeek

I've been using ubuntu linux for almost the past 2 years. I've got quite a few little "habits" that I'm trying to figure out is possible to do on osx.

I generally download bit torrents files, then azureus auto opens them every 2 minutes. Then if its music. I add it to my amarok playist, check tags, then add to library.

Once i get my media drive to share through samba, I should be able to download torrents to it, and have some torrent program for osx open them. The only part I'm not sure is how I would add it to my library. itunes tries to copy my music to the mac mini, which doesn't have enough hd space for it all. How could I go about adding music to my collection without having to vnc to amarok and add it?

Or is there a way to make it so itunes doesn't have to copy music over?

Actually, I guess thats the only thing I can think of right now...

thanks zach.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

in iTunes' preference, there is an option of not copying the files when importing to the library.

3. lonegeek thread starter macrumors member

lonegeek

Yes. I got that finally.

Is there a way to set my center click to open new tab in safari?

Is there a way to change one of the keys on the keyboard to equal a command key? This keyboard only has one windows key.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

safari new tab.

No, but you can try to installa plugin called "safaristand"

keyboard, IDK, :(

5. tekmoe macrumors 68000

ALT T to create a new tab in safari.

i've grown very accustomed to using the keyboard shortcuts in mac. learn them and you will be amazed at how quickly you can accomplish little things here and there within the OS.