iPad Attempting to Unjailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Zodiak, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Zodiak macrumors regular

Hello Everyone,

I currently have a jailbroken iPad 3 on 5.1.1. Just recently, it has become completely unstable after someone of my family using it. Apps will crash seconds after using them and the whole device itself will crash a few seconds later, rebooting and crashing a few seconds later. This occurs even when simply powered on and left on its own.

I am currently on iTunes 10.7, I have the SHSH files for 5.1.1 as I know that Apple hasnt signed for it in quite a while.

I am using the most recent version of TinyUmbrella and the "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" is unchecked and then Start TSS Server.

I connected the 30pin connector to my computer and iPad, then set it into DFU mode by holding the Power and Home button for 10 seconds, then letting go the power, holding home until I hear the tone.

At this point, iTunes pops up and says it usual "Detected a device in Recovery mode (even if its DFU). I then hold Shift and click the Restore button and find the 5.1.1 Firmware I had saved. It will then proceed to extract the software and then attempt to install it, but at this point, iTunes will always give me a 1600 error.

I have tried many of the error 1600 solutions online and I have jailbroken many devices before but I simply cannot get past this.

I have a White 64gb iPad 3 with 3g & LTE and I am in Canada. After a simple search, I do believe that it is a GSM model so I had downloaded that firmware. Ether way, I tried them both to make sure but the CDMA version iTunes simply spits back as saying incompatible.

I also went as far as checking my Hosts file and resetting it back to Apple's standard default as it was slightly different:

Code:
    # Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    #      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
    #       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
    #       127.0.0.1       localhost
    #       ::1             localhost
    Now I believe I remember hearing a long time ago that Apple had disabled restoring to old IOS versions after a certain version of iTunes but I cannot find any information on this.

I really do need some help as my iPad is currently useless.

Please help :(

2. Zodiak thread starter macrumors regular

To clarify,

I am looking to restore from scratch, I don't want any of the old files. I will then restore just my contacts, calendars, etc and will re-jailbreak.

I don't think IOS 6.0 has an untethered jailbreak yet does it?

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

TU restores don't work anymore on 5+

You need to wait for the new redsn0w tool.
    Then you can stitch your SHSH for 5.1.1 to the 5.1.1 IPSW and restore to 5.1.1

Do some research, start here:
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/31869383801/blob-o-riffic

also look at the hacks section on macrumors

And no there won't be a jailbreak for A5/6 devices for some time, so stay put on 5.1.1

Did any new tweaks get installed that you know of that made it unstable?

try to boot it in safe mode and see if you can remove the last installed tweaks.

4. dhlizard, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

5. Zodiak thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the reply.

No unfortunately it's not as easy as, something had recently been installed and being able to remove it. It just started being unstable for no reason with regular use.

So I have to wait for the new version of Redsn0w and cant use the current 0.9.14b2 version?

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Are you referring to a Cydia hack ?

If so, hold down the volume up button as you reboot the phone.
    Once in SafeMode, use Cydia to remove it, then reboot.

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

And just in case you overlook the most important detail of the iPhone Dev Team's blog post, whatever you do, if you want a jailbreak for your iPad3, do not update to 6.0! Once you update to 6.0 you can never go back to 5.1.1. In order to re-install 5.1.1 you MUST still be currently on 5.1.1. I just want to make sure you don't overlook that because there's no turning back. TriJet gave you great advice and information. Good luck. I'd boot into safe mode and see if I can't remove the bad package. Either way just sit tight until the new redsn0w gets released.

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard