Attention All Developers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChrisWilder07, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ChrisWilder07 macrumors regular

I have a couple questions for you...

1. How much did you sell your application for?

2. How long has it been out?

3. How much money have you made?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think anyones going to respond to this for obvious reasons.

3. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

You might get an idea on this info just looking at the apps while on iTunes?:rolleyes:

4. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

There have been a few developers that have given out their info, but in most cases, they don't like to disclose all of this.

5. ChrisWilder07 thread starter macrumors regular

I was just wondering how much money they made because i'm starting to learn to develop and was wondering if i could pay for a laptop, phone, etc.

6. LinMac macrumors 65816

The App Store is sort of like mining for gold. You may find it and you may now. It all depends on what your application does, how it is marketed, what the competition is, and just a small bit of pure luck. :D

I know it is frustrating not to hear specifics, but two applications could be wildly different. Consider Koi Pond which sold who knows how many copies at $0.99, could we really judge any other application's performance based on it?

7. Whab macrumors newbie

An app that does not sell well at all can pay as low as 50$ a month (assuming a 0.99 to 4.99$ price range). I think there are many more apps that don't do well than apps that do well (for me, an app that does well is one that pays for the development cost).

If you just started to learn programming, don't expect to make much money in the short term because even if your app idea is great it is very likely someone more experienced will come up with a better implementation.

So don't do it for the money, do it because you want to learn programming for the iPhone. If you are good at it you will have a lot of fun and it will eventually pay back if you are a creative person.;)

8. firewood macrumors 604

The range I've heard is between $5/month and $250,000/month, depending on how well the app sells. The distribution seems to be similar to a steep power curve, meaning that the apps in the top 1% make almost all the money, and the ones near the bottom might never reach the minimum $250 payout per region.