Attention Early Leopard Owners!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassicMac247

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Brick, NJ
I know this may sound stupid, but leopard owners please do not post torrents on any site, it defeats the purpose of waiting on line, That Apple fan enviroment is what I live for. I understand if you don't want to purchase leopard, I really do, and I might be using the torrents myself for my other macs. So if you do feel the urge to put leopard up on a torrent site, at least wait a few weeks (saturday if your really anxious), I just want to enjoy my time on line at the apple store this friday, using Tiger for the last time, I dont want to wait on line for something thousands of people already have.:eek::)

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I know this may sound stupid, but leopard owners please do not post torrents on any site, it defeats the purpose of waiting on line, That Apple fan enviroment is what I live for. I understand if you don't want to purchase leopard, I really do, and I might be using the torrents myself for my other macs. So if you do feel the urge to put leopard up on a torrent site, at least wait a few weeks (saturday if your really anxious), I just want to enjoy my time on line at the apple store this friday, using Tiger for the last time, I dont want to wait on line for something thousands of people already have.:eek::)
It's already posted so I'm not really sure why you are whining about it.

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
Uhh.... You're about two days too late. It's already on the usual sites.

sananda

macrumors 68020
May 24, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that patients don't have computer access in mental institutions?
oh no! we all have 24 hour access and are all members of macrumors. apparently it's good for us to learn social interaction.

yoyo5280

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
I totari agree! ALL THE WAY! :)

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Lay off you guys. He's just trying to remind us all to be ethical computer users.

OP, this is commendable. Although I do feel obligated to tell you that you don't have to worry about illegal downloaders being supported on this site. Arn and the mods are quite strict about this (thankfully). :)

MrMoore

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2006
Arlington Heights,IL

uh, okay? :confused: :eek: :confused:

doowrehs

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2004
Lay off you guys. He's just trying to remind us all to be ethical computer users.

OP, this is commendable. Although I do feel obligated to tell you that you don't have to worry about illegal downloaders being supported on this site. Arn and the mods are quite strict about this (thankfully). :)
Umm - just curious, but how carefully did you read his / her post? After asking Leopard owners not to torrent it, he / she then says: "I might be using the torrents myself for my other macs..." How is this 'commendable' to you? ;)

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Umm - just curious, but how carefully did you read his / her post? After asking Leopard owners not to torrent it, he / she then says: "I might be using the torrents myself for my other macs..." How is this 'commendable' to you? ;)
I stand corrected. :eek:

OP, do not torrent for ANY of your Macs:mad:

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
What a nut job... Im against piracy as well, but ruin your experience of standing in line? Im thinking you need to get a firm grip on realirty here bro.... cmon man

coocooforcocoap

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
kathmandu, nepal
thats some crazy stuff. like standing in line? come to nepal and u can wait all day for a litre of petro! but the line at the apple store is short cause there is absolutely NOTHING there, unless u want an older imac. the developing world where there is no mail service or tariff restrictions on media imports, torrents or p2p is the only way we will get 10.5 before 10.6 is out. so to utuberider, please inquire here for special vacation package: trekking tour of mt. everest followed by linestanding in all aspects of nepali life, to include: the petro line, the bank line, the dmv line (please allow 3 days), the visa line (free on arrival) and then of course the short line at the apple shop. cheers!

icec0ld

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2006
blah blah blah whine whine whine

seriously, it's going to spread whether you like it or not

Fotograffiti

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2006
Wisconsin
Why torrent it for your other macs?

I am confused why you would have to torrent copies for your other macs when you are buying a copy anyway. You do know that the same disc would install on those as well, right?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
You're very noble and all, but anyone that bothered to torrent their retail copies of OS X now would be very late to the party and would be wasting their time. The retail torrents are already up and extremely active, there would be no point in creating a fresh one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.