Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewis82

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Totalitarian Republic of Northlandia
(I would like a mod to make this a sticky, at least temporarily)

Lots of people here (including myself) are very enthusiastic about the release of the new iPod touch and iPod nano models. As release day is approaching, more and more rumors surface, and so do the questions.

The point I want to talk about is, lots of people here are posting threads without searching if the subject has already been discussed. If someone talked about the availability at release, no one needs to create a new thread. Just continue talking on the existing threads - nearly all subjects are covered.

Before creating a thread, search trough the forums using MRoogle. MRoogle is free, efficient, and allows you to search thread as you would using Google, because it is powered by Google.:)

That said, if the thread you're looking for doesn't exist, feel free to create one. However, never forget that it is better to add material to an existing thread than to start from scratch.;)

May 8, 2008
While your enthusiasm is admirable, this is a lost cause because it assumes people will actually bother to read the sticky. Time has proven that this is simply not the case. People will continue to post old stories and rumors without reading the sticky.

JKK photography

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2009
Also, something should say like, "Remember: Everything we know, or think we know, isn't concrete; it's a rumor. And rumors have a tendency (September Event, '09) to be wrong. That is all.'

I may be 'new' to this site, but not 'new' to the iPod touch/iPhone universe. I remember the dissapointment, depression, and all around hatred that followed last year's event.

:rolleyes::apple::rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.