Attention iPad Owners! (who own a iPod Touch or iPhone)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by veo321, Jun 21, 2010.

1. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

I would like to buy an iPad soon, but I was curious will it replace my iPod Touch? Is it hard to carry around? Or Does it get scratched up easily? Please answer my questions!

2. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Please use the search. Your questions have been asked and answered a million times.

3. Moxofien macrumors newbie

My question is what do you use your iPod touch for? My iPad was to replace carrying my laptop everywhere with me, so it is much easier to carry than a 8lb lappy.

It dents fairly easily, but it didn't seem to scratch at all, of course until I put a front and back zagg on it. And yes, compared to an iPod touch, it's very hard to carry around.

4. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

but for the sake, 1,000,001, it depends what you want. For example, if you want to go the gym, I wouldnt go with my iPad, I would go with my iPhone or iPod Touch.

But when I want to type a paper, write emails, browse sites, do work or read a book type things, I dont go to my iPod Touch or iPhone.

They both might carry the same OS but they are two different machines.

5. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Answers:
    It may replace your iPod touch...it does everything it does and more. Portability is not an issue, I prefer it over my MBP i7 for portability. As for scratches, well...it's not like the silver backing of an iPod, and ive had it in a case since day 1. I rarely use my computer. The iPad is so comfortable to use... Get one!

6. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

If you get rid or sell your iPod touch, then yes it will replace it. If you do not, no it will not replace it.

How can we describe how hard it is to carry. Carry around a similarly sized book for a day to find out.

Does it get scratched up easily? Not as easily as polished SS or plastic. But, yes it can get scratches.

No, it does not. The iPad does not have a built in timer that can run in the background.