Attention Nespresso Lovers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ollé, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Ollé macrumors member

Ollé

As per title.

I would like to draw your attention to http://www.capsuleaddiction.com an Australian based forum for all your Nespresso needs.

It was started by a few dissenters from another website where one of the many topics was anything/everything to do with the Nespresso system.

It's a nice, easy, and relaxed place to come in and discuss your favourite pod or the pros and cons of a certain machine. Even just to shoot the breeze.

Drop by and say G'Day. We don't bite.

2. avro707 macrumors 6502a

Looks nice, but my machines (Nuova Simonelli Musica and Gino Rossi CC45) rule me out somewhat. :p

That said, I've had many a reasonable "Nespresso" espresso however. :cool:

3. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Interesting forum - nothing like that exists in Europe that I am aware of..

Have had several Nespresso machines over the past 5/6 years.

Weird how all those Australians have Lattisimo machines - they don't seem to mention anything else. I detest Latte so maybe influencing me a bit....

4. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

It's an expensive way of brewing coffee.

I had a Nespresso machine that died on me (it was a really cheap one). No desire to replace it.

5. avro707 macrumors 6502a

When I use one, it's the fact that most of the ones I've tried aren't very high capacity - that tends to deter me.

I'm used to doing 3 or 4 coffees in quick succession, which usually means texturing two jugs of milk and making 4 espressos, depending on what coffee is asked for.

Very fortunately the big coffee machine I have has cheap and readily available parts, so if anything goes wrong, it's not hard or expensive to fix it.

6. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7

I can't stand Nespresso (Swiss). However, the Keurig machine/coffee is even worse. Since when did Americans know about coffee.

I use one of these in the morning:

7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I drank Nespresso for years at work because it was free. Frankly, it is pretty bad.

8. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I used to use a Santos 12 cup automatic vacuum brewer, but it eventually cracked and failed. Vacuum units are difficult to come by these days, but the coffee the produce is so fine.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wow, that place is filled with people who hate the lungos, which are the only ones I drink!!

How much milk do you need in your coffee, Australia?

10. avro707 macrumors 6502a

Well, I have cappucinos each morning, usually double shot - so it's just the normal amount in a small takeaway coffee cup. I make them myself.

I couldn't tell you how much that is, but mine tends to be half coffee (double shot espresso) half full cream milk, with a sprinkling of dark chocolate.

But I'll happily drink double espressos too. Or an affogato in the evening.