ATTN: Apple Watch Pre-Orders Shipping to Texas

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 949011, Apr 20, 2015.

1. 949011 macrumors member

Many are worried that they have not been charged for their Apple Watch yet.

If your order is being shipped to Austin or Houston, it is likely that you will not see moment until tomorrow, as there is already a big batch of watches in Texas, and consequently, Apple needs less time to ship those items.

This is really just an educated guess - no insider information here. I think it's a very good guess, however, because I know quite a few people in Austin and Houston who ordered right as pre-orders started but have yet to be charged on their cards yet.

If your Apple Watch is shipping to Austin or Houston and it has already moved to "preparing for shipment," please reply to this thread with more details!

2. njhorn macrumors member

njhorn

ATTN: Apple Watch Pre-Orders Shipping to Texas

Mine is coming to Austin and was charged and moved to preparing to ship at 4:30pm central today.

Green sport 42mm ordered with Apple pay on a BoA debit card at 12:06am pacific

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Theory crushed one post in. In reality, if they are in the US, they can get to anywhere overnight.

4. Tumblrmeme macrumors newbie

SS Classic buckle shipping to Houston. Changed to preparing around 4:40 today.

5. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

6. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Oh, and two SS black sport bands, 38 and 42. No movement, still processing. Houston.

7. vigilant macrumors 6502

vigilant

In Dallas, and order cleared by 2:09AM (CST) and no traction on my order.

SS - Classic Leather Loop

8. njhorn macrumors member

njhorn

Yep, your theory is crushed. Here is my theory:

They have thousands of pallets and boxes to open. As they open them and scan them it just pulls in order or whatever from a list of orders for that region for that specific model. Those freaking out right now are mostly space gray sport and a lot of SS models. They have not opened those pallets yet but will.

I have no idea if mine will actually ship before any others or just sit in the warehouse and ship Thursday overnight. I'm hoping it actually shows up early but you never know the strength of an embargo apple puts on shipping dates. Some Apple stores have classes as early as Wednesday and Thursday for getting to know your watch, so this could be planned by apple to have them come early, but that is very unlikely.

I just want mine to come Friday at the latest so I have it before heading to Ny early on Saturday and getting on a cruise ship for 9 days on sunday

9. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

In Houston and my order was changed as well as charged around 5pm this evening.

10. soya macrumors 6502

soya

Houston - SS 42mm Link Bracelet. Nothing yet..

11. OSUGuy macrumors member

In Dallas and my 42mm silver aluminum with white sport band charged my account and went to Preparing for Shipment around 4 today.

My experience with previous apple preorders is that they sit in Memphis or Louisville until Thursday morning when they are sent to DFW for delivery Friday.

12. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

San Antonio here, order preparing to ship as of this afternoon.

13. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

Dallas here as well. I'm still waiting on the SS Black AW. The only problem is, is that my shipping date is going to be probably sometime in May. From what I have read those that are waiting on shipments in May might get a sooner ship date. But that's waited to be seen. All I do is keep refreshing, refreshing, refreshing, and still the same status. Processing items. I won't give my hopes up, but there is always that one chance, perhaps.

-Shawn

14. r2b2007 macrumors regular

42 Sport Gray ordered confirming email received at 2:03 Central Time for San Antonio, still processing

15. Fred910 macrumors newbie

42mm Space Grey email conf April 10th 2:03am CST south texas still processing

16. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

I'm in Austin and I'm going to steal your Apple Watch.

17. Juandagis macrumors member

I'm from Laredo TX and had my credit card charged at 4pmish today. My 42mm sport white is getting ready to ship!

18. sam2428 macrumors 6502

19. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Houston and I have been at Preparing for Shipment since everyone else. I did the UPS tracking thing and found my order. It is showing it to ship tomorrow the 23rd using UPS Next Day Air Saver. So I am pretty sure i'll get my Friday.

20. Eeko macrumors regular

I'm in Dallas. I ordered a black sports band SS watch and it's still processing. :(

21. fleetingftw macrumors newbie

Austin here.

Ordered myself a 42 Green Sport at 2:04am CST and it was charged on Tuesday and has been preparing for shipment since then. UPS shows it coming Next Day Air shipping out tomorrow (assuming since it's Next Day Air it's coming from somewhere outside Texas though).

Also ordered my wife a 38 Pink Sport at 2:03am CST and it has not been charged and is still processing. She has her fingers crossed it gets charged tomorrow.

22. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

Which watch did you get? No movement on mine. Black sport 42mm

23. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

24. ikm19 macrumors 6502

ikm19

SS 42mm White sports band shows preparing to shipping and SS 42 Classic buckle shows processing. I am in houston.