Attn. Blackberry Bols Users!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TomKease, Feb 12, 2009.

1. TomKease macrumors member

Hi all...

I'm thinking of movng over to the blackberry bold. I was curious if syncing it to my MacBook was an issue. Is a certain 3rd party software that I need and is it tough to use. I played with one at the AT&T store and it was nice... Love the keyboard and why do the people at the stores never know what they are talking about.

Thanks

Thomas K

2. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I have a curve, and from experience, syncing contacts/calendars is typically more trouble than it's worth IMO. There is free software that you can get, but I hate it. There is also pay software too. The only trustworthy way I've been doing it was via outlook from a vmware/windows xp setup.

3. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I use Windows XP in Boot Camp to sync/upgrade/etc my Bold. After you get it all set up it's pretty simple. BlackBerry just doesn't play nice with Mac.

Nothing beats the iPhone's iTunes integration.

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My wife used Missing Sync to sync her Blackberry Pearl with our iMac and it works great. Definitely worth the money in my opinion.

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

If you can switch to gmail, they have the Exchange support now so your contacts and calendars sync OTA. And for iTunes, there should be a mass storage plugin somewhere...