Attn: "normal" iphone users- bumper is fine

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by glen e, Jun 28, 2010.

1. glen e macrumors 68030

i Think some of you guys that need to settle down a bit on this bumper thing. I got my black bumper today. After reading here, I was expecting an off color loose rubber band that would be laughing at me for spending 29 bucks on it.

Quite the contrary. It is plenty snug and with the metal buttons and uniform edge, I think it's worth the 29 bucks too. If you are a normal user of the iphone and it is just another tool for the business you do, I think you'll find the bumper to be a perfect addition.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The main issue is that it forces you to use an OEM usb cable. I've replaced mine with a Speck Candyshell case and love it.

3. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

no chance of using my scoshe passport power adapter with that thing yeesh.

4. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I am not one to complain a lot, but my bumper does not fit snug. Other then that it is great. For $30 it should fit snug.

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

The only thing I don't like about the bumper is that is does not allow a lot of aftermarket power plugs to plug into the phone to charge it up. This is particularly an issue with a lot of the car chargers. Even the older style Apple cables, of which I still have a lot of, do not fit in there and cant be used to charge the phone with this case on. Kinda strange. :(

6. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

I never really expected a genuine apple product to accommodate other peoples cords, adapters and docks. BMW or MB do not make their interiors to match many of the aftermarket products, it is up to the aftermarket mfr to match the OEM. This is business, never forget that.

7. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Bumper seems fine to me. I have the SGP skins on front and back and it seems like a nice fit.