OK, this is just a proof of concept thread - no comment about how it looks, it was done by me with 3 beers, an old portenzo and a Dremel with the mini sanding drum attachment in about 15 minutes. I have written this before, but all these companies need to ditch the method of rubber and wood to hold the pad in becasue long term loss of compression is gonna pop it loose. It is inevitable. It needs a delrin/alum frame or in this case, a plastic cover with snap/click corners like you can buy off of eBay for 8 bucks. So that's what I did: so here's the clear plastic cover for the back from ebay: And frame dremeled out about 1/8 inch to accommodate cover cover glued to the frame and ipad inserted a router set for this would done this better, but it's just concept and there it is: the looks of the portenzo/moleskine with no problems of fit and corners coming loose, etc. I have a new pad and quill coming that I am taking to a carpenter friend and having this professionally done. BTW, clearly the company to beat is P&Q - I ordered 9/10 and UPS says it is here 9/19.