Attn PowerBook G4 Owners! I need your help!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by brent0saurus, Jul 3, 2009.

1. brent0saurus macrumors regular

brent0saurus

I'm just going to cut to the chase. If all of you could please open up Console (Applications>Utilities) and then put your computer to sleep and then wake it up and then search for: IOBluetoothHCIController::restartShutdownWL this is a wake from sleep

Basically my computer has been waking up even it's closed after it falls asleep. I took it to the Apple store but since i'm out of warranty they didn't really do a full check but said that error means that the Bluetooth controller is causing it to wake up. But googling that, i found that a lot of people get that message and supposedly it's normal??
    I'm just trying to narrow this down because it's extremely annoying.

Thank you SO SO much, fellow PowerBook owners!! Also, i'm running a 15" 1.67 ghz pb with the latest version of Tiger. so i guess if you have that you're the best candidate.

2. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Have you tried turning off bluetooth completely when you're putting the computer to sleep?

3. brent0saurus thread starter macrumors regular

brent0saurus

yeah, it still gives me the that bluetooth controller line. But the thing is, it even gives me that when i wake it manually....
    and i'm honestly not 100% sure if it does it when bluetooth is off. I just tried it and it wouldn't do it but it's not doing it with bluetooth on either right now. it's been kind of intermittent lately. But i'm pretty sure i've tried it with bluetooth off before and it still happened