Attn: UCLA students, get your 5,3 MacBook Pro NOW !!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacVidCards, Aug 9, 2010.

1. MacVidCards Suspended

Nov 17, 2008
    Hollywood, CA

If you are a student, or are friendly with one, now is the time.

I grabbed up a 2.66 version yesterday and an iPod touch (which i will be getting rebate on)

No, it isn't the latest, but it is NEW and $500 or so less than what it sold for in April.

The 2.66 is $1299 and they have the 2.83 top-of-the-line for like $300 more . (maybe it was $200 more?) anyway, a good deal, esp with free iPod.
  2. crypticlineage macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2010
    What is the big deal about this? Education store has the ipod promotion running until September 7 for all over US. Am I missing something here?
  3. Jaxdialation macrumors regular

Mar 24, 2010
    Nope, the original poster was missing something.
  4. hypermog macrumors regular

Nov 17, 2009
  5. Dr. Scientist macrumors member

Apr 24, 2010
    So I don't know whether to burst out laughing in sheer hysteria at posters 2, 3, and 4' strigger happy flaming phail--- or whether to question the OP's intelligence.

This is the logic I see here:

1.) "The Rominator" claims you can get a Macbook Pro 15" for $1,299 AND get the iPod Touch rebate. This is new to me, since I thought the lowest the 15" went for was $1,699.

So I stopped and thought for a moment. Three posters make fun of the OP, so he must be an idiot, right?

So I thought to myself. "Me thinks there must be some truth in this!"

So I thought.

And thought.

And realized --- why not just click the link?

I hit the jump, and what do you know? The OP was attempting to let us know, in good faith, that the 15" MBP was selling for $1,299 --- $400 off the retail education value.

Sadly, his post has gone unnoticed.

Dear "The Rominator",

Pls 4give teh trollz.

6. crypticlineage macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2010
    Now, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks and apologies.
  7. UbuntuFu macrumors regular

Aug 16, 2007
    It's a great deal if you still love the core 2 duo chips.

University bookstores usually can get really good deals over Apple's education site.

When the unibody mbp were released I got the 15" classic design for $1199, it was the $2499 model.
  8. Rithem macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2008
    We have good deals on the old models. I got mine for a nice price. Definitely happy with it.
  9. elpmas macrumors 68000

Sep 9, 2009
    Where the fresh snow don't go.
    :eek: i clicked on the link...i dont see the price of 1200 :eek: