ATT's "unofficial" stance on MyWi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FortWorthMac, Jul 7, 2010.

1. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

So I'm in my local ATT Corporate store today getting my 3G reactivated and added to family plan. I'm doing this for the purpose of being able to keep using MyWi with my WiFi iPad.

While speaking with the rep I just mentioned "you all (ATT) going to be releasing any WiFi hotspot devices like Sprint and Verizon anytime soon?". His reply floored me, he said "why don't you just jailbreak this phone and install a program called MyWi?" He went on to say that most of us in here all use it.

I then laughed and said, now that you mention it, that is WHY I'm reactivating this phone. We went on talking about it for a few minutes. While HIS position is not truly ATT's position he stated basically stated, it's your data your buying and your device, we don't care what you do with it.

Any similar exchanges with ATT underlings?

2. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Most "underlings" as you call them actually DON'T care about anything you do with it. They only get payed to sell you the phone, not to enforce the data restrictions or Apple's policies. But don't get too comfortable, it only takes one ****** manager to take call AT&T and report you.