ATV 2G + Drobo FS help

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by chewedpen, Dec 25, 2010.

1. chewedpen macrumors member

chewedpen

I am wondering if anyone know if there is a way to share my itunes library from the Drobo FS to the new ATV 2G? I dont like that my 27" iMac has to always come on when ever i use the ATV I would rather pull from the drobo. I have spent so much time searching but was hoping a guru on here could help?

Thanks guys

Have a merry christmas

2. VTMac macrumors 6502

Sorry. It's not possible.

3. gunthermic macrumors 6502

Not possible with ATV2. Only possible with ATV1..

4. chewedpen thread starter macrumors member

chewedpen

Wirelessly posted (Sanyo Pro-700: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wow that really sucks. So how does a person keep from putting "extra miles" on there computer when the ATV looks to access media then??

Is this a just deal with it situation? That's how it's going to be?

5. gunthermic macrumors 6502

How the atv2 is made to stream off computer with iTunes. Apple way.. Lol. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Quite a few leave the computer on now a days. I know some don't. If you have airport extreme and Mac you can have it wake on connection otherwise is goes into sleep mode. Don't think it's possible with pc though.

6. chewedpen thread starter macrumors member

chewedpen

Wirelessly posted (Sanyo Pro-700: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well I'll have a look at that tonight, I have a 27" iMac and a airport extreme. Thanks for the input guys