Apple TV atv 2nd gen jailbreak question?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by j2048b, Apr 22, 2011.

1. j2048b macrumors 6502a

I have not been able to jailbreak my atv NO MATTER WHAT I TRY!

i have tried seas0npass, atv flash and pawnage, to no avail!

my main concern is this:

my atv is in a totally different room than my mac pro, i have tried to use the above named apps and it has not worked,

since mine is in a different room, i dont have a way to plug in any hdmi cable supposively after it has been jailbroke, and i have to unplug my device entirely and carry it into the other room and hook it all back up, once this is done, all i ever get is either the apple emblem or it shows the little scroll wheel and then goes into the date and time, and loads all normal just like i have not even jailbroke it at all.

what is the issue? is dfu mode when the little light is flashing like every 1-3 seconds? or is it when it flashes very fast?

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

2. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)

Lol jailbreakin your atv2 connected to your pc only installs ssh,after you done ,connect to tv and u have to open terminal/putty on your Mac/pc and run some commands to actually install XBMC and nitotv or plex. Search google is many tutorials. And I

recommend using seasonpass to jailbreak.
    Mac don't have to be in the same room ,just connected in the same wifi as atv2.

3. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

mine is actually hardlined to the network does it have to be wified?

i tried to sh into it and no go! so maybe i did not do it correctly 400 times i tried?

4. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

yes wifi both.