ATV 3: If I had known

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by decafjava, Jan 24, 2016.

1. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Buyer's regret for an impluse pruchase of an ATV 3 before Xmas. The main reason I bought it was to stream my itunes library (music mainly) through my TV as I just got some multimedia speakers to replace my old and obsolete stereo.

So I set it up, easy as pie, and now can stream all my music and videos - and the smartplaylists update as I hoped they would. Have to get used to the menu and remote.

Biggest disappointment and my fault having been an iPhone user since 2011. Apple music does not work - on my ATV, neither does iTunes radio as I am located in Europe and need my AM subscription to access it.

Now I am regretting buying this, does the new ATV 4 allow Apple Music to play? I don't want or need to play games on my TV. I should perhaps not gotten the ATV or subscribed to Apple music. If there is another way to stream to my TV and use it's speakers rather than my computer I am all ears.

2. kemperman macrumors regular

kemperman

Apple Music only works on ATV4. You can AirPlay it from your iOS or OSX device though

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

http://www.apple.com/uk/tv/compare/

All of the information is right there on Apples web site.

4. decafjava thread starter macrumors 68000

decafjava

Well I guess I either have to return the ATV 3 or cancel my AM subscription. Yes I know I can Airplay from my iPhone (I have a PC planning a Mac maybe) but wanted to avoid using my iPhone at home. Thanks for the replies reminding me why impulse buying is not a good idea.

Any alternatives from home streaming audio from my PC to my home cinema?