ATV 3 starts; but doesn't show menu

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by theslaz, Apr 1, 2014.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

I have a ATV 3 that has been giving me problems. Yesterday it worked fine; today; I rebooted because Netflex wouldn't work; and now all that is showing on the menu is two icons; "Computer" and "Settings"! I have tried rebooting several times and the same two icons show.

This has happened several times before; but I was always able to get it back by rebooting.

Any suggestions

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

I'd try a DFU restore.

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

This also happened to me a few times. I went to the Settings and normally when I was back everything would be back to normal.

4. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried that several times. Even changed some settings. Didn't help this time!

----------

I know that would work; trying to stay away from that as I have a script loaded on it that runs my Plex in conjunction with the trailers app. I would have to reload. But that is what i will do if I have to.

5. davidoloan macrumors 6502

When Apple TV doesn't have a network connection it shows only "Computer" and "Settings".

This is probably a problem with your router.

6. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. That fixed it. Why it didn't have a connection is beyond me. It showed that it was connected; but I had to delete the connection and start over. And yes; I had rebooted the modem!

Thanks again