ATV 4 and Bluetooth Headphones Reconnection Reliability

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jon3543, Jul 8, 2017.

1. jon3543 macrumors 6502

How reliably does your ATV 4 reconnect with your Bluetooth headphones when you turn them on? Mine is very spotty. There's no way to manage the connections, so I have made sure that each BT transmitter I have connects to only one receiver, iPhone 7 to Bose Revolve, Avantree Leaf to Sony MDR-1000X, and ATV 4 to Avantree Saturn Pro. The first two are flawless, and the Saturn Pro did connect reliably with them when I tested it.

2. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

Mine is pretty reliable. I use, variously, pairs of Beats Solo 3, AirPods and Performer 808s.

When you start a video you can pull the top slider down, go to Audio and choose what BT headphones you want to use.

3. jon3543 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's another problem. When it doesn't reconnect, it doesn't show up in that slide-down menu. I have to back out all the way to Settings, where it does appear as a Bluetooth device, though "Not connected". If I select it there, it reconnects right away. This is not re-pairing, which I haven't had to do.

4. jon3543 thread starter macrumors 6502

It looks like the Saturn Pro was the weakest link. I bought the TROND BT-RX S receiver, and it works fine with the ATV 4.