ATV 4... How come no leaks?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by 2010mini, Apr 15, 2014.

1. 2010mini macrumors 68040

When it comes to other iOS devices, Apple leaks worst than the titanic. We get pics of the chassis, internal and external components etc.

But for the Apple TV 4 that is supposedly being developed for the last two years, there is not one photo leak???? No pics of the chassis? None of any of its components? Remote? NOTHING?!??

One could surmise that apple really isn't developing a newer version. Or they are more secretive about the Apple TV than the iPhone/iPad which make them more money. (Not likely)

What say you?

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I would say this is because the ATV generates less of a hype than iPhones and iPads. I dont think Apple ever intends for leaks to get out, but because of the massive number of iPhones that need to be produced, someone is going to slip up somewhere. The ATV (to me) seems like a smaller scale production than iPhones, having a lesser chance of leaks. Even so, it makes it ever more exciting when its released! Even though there are just rumors, I feel like we know all of the possible outcomes of the iPhone 6; the only thing that will surprise us will be the features that come with iOS8.

3. jimmirehman macrumors 6502

my guess is because the casing wont change at all and thus allows them to test units with less secrecy without anyone knowing its a newer device.

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

ATV 4 will probably be somewhat incremental. ATV 5 on the other hand will likely have UHD support (and probably iTunes too) and will be a MAJOR update.

5. 2010mini thread starter macrumors 68040

An incremental update.... After 2 years?!??

6. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

The ATV 4 is rumored to bring gaming and an app store, Id call that a major update. If true, from this to an ATV 5 with a UHD support would be a minor update; similar to the ATV 2 to ATV 3

7. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I'm sure we will hear more rumors the closer we get to WWDC.

8. 2010mini thread starter macrumors 68040

Rumors we have aplenty. Pics of components, which would be actual proof of something new, we do not!!!

MacRumors needs to start bribing apple factory workers

9. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Perhaps there are no leaks because there will be no apple tv fourth generation, and all these rumors are made up.

10. brand, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

brand macrumors 601

brand

You're right, maybe MacRumors should commit felonies. Then again, when I think about it maybe you're not right.

11. 2010mini thread starter macrumors 68040

The humor is weak with this one.....

----------

That is what we all secretly fear I suspect.