Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tyke65

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
if I have a TV show (say Cheers with some 250 episodes) and I don’t divide them into seasons then all is OK. I go to Computers/TV Programs/Cheers and the play button offers me the next unplayed episode.
Now, if I divide the episodes into (say) 10 seasons, when I go to Computers/TV Programs/Cheers, the play button offers me the first unplayed episode of the last season. Always, on different ATVs, on different equipment and with different iTunes accounts.

Of course, Apple have no knowledge of this.

Can anyone help?

ehrens

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2013
the 651
I think this is just the new normal for Computers > TV Shows in the ATV4. While the revamp of the Computers app was much needed and definitely improved the Movies and Music sections, the TV Shows section has a lot of unfathomable bugs or baffling UI choices, like the "last episode" you mentioned and the complete lack of conditional sorting for show titles.

tyke65

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Doubt if it was this post or the long discussions I had with Apple support but the tvOS update a couple of days ago fixed this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.