ATV 4 Stutter, Jerkiness Local Media

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by kagharaht, Jan 17, 2016.

1. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

ATV 4 really needs optimizing with the software. Local streamed movies plays nice and smooth with ATV 2 and ATV 3. ATV 4 randomly becomes jerky during any point of the movie, then clears itself up. Even after the media has already completely loaded on ATV 4. Even lowly SD formats play jerky from Home Sharing Library. No problems so far with the old ATV 2 and ATV 3 with my testing. ATV 4 also randomly resets the screen saver to Aerial. Despite Restore and reboots, it still occasionally reboots to Aerial.

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

SD and 720/1080 video always stream without any stutter or jerkiness whether I'm streaming via Plex or Home Sharing with my ATV4. I changed my screensaver to an iCloud shared photo library for a few days, it never switched to Aerial until I switched it back. Sounds like an issue with your home network or you got a bad ATV4 that needs to be exchanged.

3. kagharaht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Last Apple TV 4 update fixed the random stuttering. Happens less often and if it did its just less than a second. Much improved.