ATV Flash

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Koyangie, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Koyangie macrumors newbie

Koyangie

Am new to AppleTV and ran across the adverts for ATV Flash as an enhancement tool. In fact I read the ATV Flash adverts on this forum. Does this software perform as stated? I have read a number of post concerning extending the storage of AppleTV and this software seems to be one of the answers at a reasonable cost. However, by installing this software would I negate my warranty?. Comments would be appreciated. Great forum and tons of usable information!!!!!

Koyangie

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Yes

No

I'm using it on both of mine

3. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

If you are looking to use their Couch Surfer application, be warned. It does not really work as advertised, flash content is not viewable despite their claims.
    Check their forum.
    They bought this app from a developer in Canada, but they don't extend and maintain it properly, so it is basically unusable.

Warranty will not be voided by any patching.

There is a free alternative avaialable (ATVUSB Creator) which you can use if you know a bit about Linux / Unix.

There is also patchstick.ca - they offer a very similar product, but they have a free base version to test. Additionally they off twitter nad bittorrent integration as well as vpn (in case you want to watch Hulu via Boxee outside of US)

4. TuckBodi macrumors 6502

And if you buy anything, ATV Flash or Patchstick.ca, which FREE can do very well, then I have some swamp land I'd like to sell you....

5. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Works great and just backup and restore if you need to get it serviced. Also you can do it for free but it takes a little more time.

6. Koyangie thread starter macrumors newbie

Koyangie

ATV Flash

Thanks to all for you inputs. I'll have to give this a little more thought before making any changes

Koyangie:rolleyes: