Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clcnyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
NYC
So, last week my old ATV died. Fortunately, Apple store replaced it for free yesterday, and I synced everything back to the new one, but there's one problem that i can't figure out how to get past.

There are 63 songs that won't copy to ATV and the error message says something about not being able to contact iTunes Store for authorization. I've noticed these songs came from my friend, and they are all from back in the day of the "protected AAC" files from iTunes. I've always gotten around this problem by deauthorizing and reauthorizing him on my laptop/iTunes, but it's not working this time. I've restarted ATV, and even deauthorized/authorized myself, which has just proven a waste of time. The only thing I haven't done is restore, cuz it took SOOO long to sync up everything back to the new ATV last night!

Does anyone have any suggestions? All of these songs worked on the previous model. p.s. This is not the new new ATV I'm talking about!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.