Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lisamel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Oslo, Norway
Ive just bought a new Apple TV and I am trying to stream TV shows and movies from my iMac via the wireless network.
The ATV found the right network instantly and I wrote in the password. Ive paired the iMac iTunes and ATV and I can see all the episodes and movies on my TV.

When I want to start to watch any of it, it loses its connection to the router/network. And so does the iMac. I havent had any trouble with the iMacs connection to the network until now. If Im not trying to watch anything on my TV, the internet is fine on both the ATV and iTunes.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Ive tried to fix the DHCP in my router settings, but im not even sure what that means, let alone if it helps :) When i lose the internet, I can still see the network name, but when I try to connect, it says that connection timeout.

I have a D-Link DI 524 router.

Thanks so much

Lisa

EDIT: If I exit iTunes my internet connection is fine. As soon as I start it and iTunes starts to sync with ATV, I lose the internet. Anyone know why and how I can fix it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.