ATV Netflix Receiver - Audio Issue

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by lhkeeper, Jun 19, 2014.

1. lhkeeper macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, my ATV was working ok until I saw that the Netlix icon changed to the new white icon. Before that, I was listening the audio through the TV and the Receiver (taking the audio from the optical audio out), and it was working perfectly.

Now, when I try to watch something in Netflix, I listened an horrible sound, like static or something else (through the receiver), but from the TV the sound is ok.
    The weirdest thing is that all the other audio and movies in the other apps of the ATV sounds perfect in both the TV and the receiver.

I don't know what is happening. Is it a netflix issue? or a ATV issue?

Thanks a lot for your responses.

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I have not experienced any issue, the audio from my :apple:TV go throughout he HDMI port to the TV and from the TV to the receiver via an optical audio out cable.
    I guess you can check the settings in the Netflix App, if you hold the remote button a menu will show up to modify the video and audio playback.

3. lhkeeper thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response.

I'm gonna check it out. But in my case the audio goes from my :apple:TV throughout the optical cable directly to the receiver. If I watch a trailer, it works fine, but the issue appears when I try to watch something on Netflix.

I'm going to do the settings you said.

4. lhkeeper thread starter macrumors newbie

I just reset the :apple:TV and the issue disappeared. I think the issue came with the Netflix app update.

5. waw74 macrumors 68030

the sound you heard is encoded dolby digital, your receiver should have grabbed that and turned it into 5.1 sound. or if your speakers aren't capable of handling dolby digital you need to turn it off in the main settings on the aTV.

I know they've been having problems with the surround on the aTV