ATV Remote App

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jwc6160, Aug 14, 2016.

1. jwc6160 macrumors member

I added a 3rd Apple TV and can't get it to show up in the app. It is hard wired. The app says "make sure you are connected to the same wifi network". I unplugged the Ethernet and connected to wife and it still won't show up. If I had to guess I would say my issue stems from my wifi setup. I have the Luma system, they all bounce off each other but bounce back and forth from 2.4 to 5. Any tips?

2. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

Check your connections? :)

Sometimes I loose the apple TV or handoff when the router has the same IP for 2 devices? Maybe reboot the router? and even the other items on the network?

3. bit-twister macrumors newbie

bit-twister

We travelled out of town recently, and I took my iPhone with me. When I came back, I could see an AppleTV icon on my Remote App, but tapping it did nothing. I uninstalled the icon and tried reinstalling by connecting with the AppleTV (with the 4-number PIN given by the app to put in the Apple TV). All I have now is an iTunes icon -- no Apple TV. Fortunately, the iPad that stayed here still works, but none of our other devices can now access the Apple TV through the Remote app, even though they all still can use AirPlay to the Apple TV.

I deleted and reinstalled the app, and still nothing. Weird.