ATV Sound Control?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Hrothgar, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Hrothgar macrumors 6502

Is there a setting to prevent commercials from playing at significantly higher volumes than the shows?

2. Longkeg macrumors regular

There's a setting to suppress sudden spikes in a sound track where there is wide variation between soft sections (dialogue) and loud (explosions, chase scenes, etc.). Commercials are designed to be loud to get your attention. There's not much variation between soft and loud as they are generally all loud. I doubt this setting would help. Where are you getting these commercials from? If they're playing in a particular app you might try looking in that apps settings. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

3. vipergts2207 macrumors 68000

vipergts2207

If you do use the setting that makes quiet parts louder and louder parts quieter, keep in mind it will compress the dynamic range of the content your watching/listening to as well, not just the commercials. Personally I would consider this an unsatisfactory solution.

4. Hrothgar thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks. it's not a particular app, but particular commercials. I usually watch FXX, AMC, and some of the networks. Some commercials -- Like Sam Adams new Boston Lager branding, MailChimps odd movies, etc., are played much louder than the rest of the content.