ATV to Airport Express

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mongohumor, Apr 22, 2013.

1. mongohumor macrumors newbie

Here's my setup: I select a movie from iTunes on ATV. I select Airplay on the ATV setup which is sent to Airport Express, connected to my receiver in another room. The receiver is connected to speakers near the TV. It works, but the volume on my receiver is at MAX and there doesn't seem to be a way to push more sound input to the Airport. I tried turning up the TV volume, then connecting through Airplay. Same situation.
    So, how to I get more input volume from ATV so my receiver isn't maxed out?

Thanks!
    Bryan.

2. macalec macrumors 6502

Have you tried connecting the Apple TV directly to the receiver since it supports Airplay as well as the express?

3. mongohumor thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem is the receiver is in another room. So I use the Airport to intercept the signal and port it into the receiver.

Thanks for the reply!

4. macalec macrumors 6502

Could you run a hard wire line from the Apple TV to the receiver? The reason I ask is because there could be an issue going through two wireless devices.

5. mongohumor thread starter macrumors newbie

You have a good point. The fact is that it works with no discernible frequency conflict and I get good output complete with 5.1 separation but the volume level is 100% on the receiver. Hence my question about boosting the source audio input to mitigate the 100%. It's an issue that others have faced in varying degrees and remains unsolved. It's interesting that if I play iTune songs through the Airport connected to the receiver everything works fine. The volume can be fine tuned using the volume on my laptop (input source). But that method doesn't work with ATV, even if I use the TV volume. Frustrating...

Thanks again!