Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deacon.frost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
hi everyone

I used mkvtools to passthrough my 720p mkv files to apple tv compatible m4v files, which was great as i did not need to reencode the video. This worked without any problems on apple tv 4.0.

However after upgrading to 4.1 today, i can no longer play these same files and always get the following error in itunes:

"the operation couldn\U2019t be completed {backrowerrors error 326}"

has anyone had similar experiences? please help? is there anyway to downgrade back to 4.0?

d

Evgenyy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
hi everyone

I used mkvtools to passthrough my 720p mkv files to apple tv compatible m4v files, which was great as i did not need to reencode the video. This worked without any problems on apple tv 4.0.

However after upgrading to 4.1 today, i can no longer play these same files and always get the following error in itunes:

"the operation couldn\U2019t be completed {backrowerrors error 326}"

has anyone had similar experiences? please help? is there anyway to downgrade back to 4.0?

d

I have not upgraded yet (need Plex on ATV since Airplay is crippled) but if that's true then it's a bummer. I have a lot of files remuxed via MKVtools and they work on the current 4.0. It might be a problem with resolution or something. Are all files not working for you?

As far as downgrading, cannot do that unless you saved your SHSH blobs.

speedle

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2007
You can still use passthrough MKV files. Mine work if I re-encode the audio at AAC (2 Ch.), but I've also heard people having some luck by ticking the 'add 2 Ch. track' box.

NiklasK

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2008
Sweden
No problems for me using MKVTools and the latest Apple TV 4.1 FW. Used MKVTools yesterday to transcode a 720p x264 mkv-files. I choose passthrough for video and 5.1 + add 2ch track in the audio department.

Adobe75

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2002
Chicago, IL
I've had a similar issue with tv shows that l've flattened with iFlicks (which uses mkvtools). Take a look at the google group discussion for advice. It seems that opening the file in QT7 Player and re-saving will fix the problem. Look for an update to mkvtools to fix this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.