Apple TV ATV2 Greenpoison JB not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Souli, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Souli, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

Souli macrumors member

May 16, 2010
    I don't know what to do anymore. I tried to JB my ATV2 today but I can't get it to work. I used Greenpoison RC6-1. Updated ATV to 4.2.1
    Plugged USB cable, opened Greenpoison, pressed "Yes", started the JB and got the ATV into DFU mode. JB in progress -> Complete, I wait around 1-2 minutes then press Complete. Remove the USB and plug in the power cable and HDMI.
    ATV starts, connects to WLAN but I get no greenpoison menu entry and can't connect via SSH (the command should be ssh root@atvip or not?).

I tried that in all kind of different forms alrdy. Always restoring the ATV via itunes before the next try. I never get the greenpoison menu or can establish SSH connection.

Any ideas?

edit: I finally found the problem.... I updated to the new firmware that apparently came out today while I restored the ATV and there is no JB available for that yet... 4 hours of work for nothing
  2. AppleKash macrumors 6502

Jun 27, 2009
    South Texas
    I have the same problem. Is it because we updated to 4.2 (that is the firmware that shows after I updated) is there a way to downgrade to a lower firmware? That you know of
  3. blewvelvet macrumors newbie

Apr 22, 2009
    RULE of ATV 2 - NEVER UPDATE Firmware.

Yeah..I have same problem.
    Once I did the update the patch no longer would work.
  4. Mr-Kerrse macrumors 6502

Apr 1, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Your jailbreak is out of date now due to the ios update, there are jailbreaks for the new IOS try seasonpass or pwnage
  5. chrisperro macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2009
    seasonpass is the most stable right now, i try all 3.