Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Last night for some reason my ATV2 started something strange. It can see my shared library but once i click movies, tv, music or anything else it comes up saying "The library has no movies"

i haven't done anything to any settings. i can see the same libraries on my iPhone & iPad with no problem...

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
I'd reboot the ATV and the system hosting the files. That seems to cure quite a few problems. If its still acting up, post back.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I've had this happen to me. Rebooting the AppleTV usually works; sometimes I'll also have to quit and relaunch iTunes on the hosting computer.

Not 100% certain why it happens, but seems to be much less frequent if I use a long DHCP renew time (i.e., on the order of 30 or more days) on my wifi router.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Ok, i had been resetting everyday. then Xraydoc reminded me about DHCP. i had just bought a new Time Capsule. forgot to look there...it was set for a 1 day lease.... RIP Steve Jobs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.