ATV2 Loses Wifi Connectivity

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by whsbuss, Nov 29, 2010.

1. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Just picked up the new ATV2 and I have expereinced a loss of connectivity at times, especially after sleep mode. When this happens, there's no connection to itunes store, youtube, or my itunes computer.

After re-entering the WPA key under network settings, it works correctly. I tried doing a manual IP setup (eliminating DHCP) it works better but it did fail once.

I've had a similar problem with my iphone 4 under iOS 4.1 (which is the latest OS on ATV2 now). I would have to turn off/on the wifi and it would be fine for a while. Since iOS 4.2.1 its virtually eliminated that issue.

There are only a few wifi network in the area, most under 80db of strength so I don't think interference is a problem. Besides, all my other computers never lose their wifi connections. Anyone else having these problems? Apple discussions has a pretty large thread on this.

2. Lobojpm macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same issue. My signal strength always looks pretty solid, and once I re-enter the wifi password, I'm good to go for that session. But next time I turn on the device, I often find that it has forgotten the wifi password and I have to re-enter it. Kind of frustrating.

I may try assigning a static IP to see if that helps (seems like a good suggestion to try). I haven't updated to iOS 4.2.1 yet- I wonder if that will fix it?