ATV2 Store resetting to US which blocks AirPlay

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jacobj, Mar 22, 2011.

1. jacobj macrumors 65816

jacobj

My Apple TV 2 keeps resetting to the US store and then presenting the error message that states that my account can only be used with the UK store. I cannot stream to the ATV until I clear the message and, on occasion, it resets part way through a film.

Has anyone got any ideas? I have done a factory default reset, but still it doesn't work. I may have to return it if this continues.:confused:

2. JimboG macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I have to report that I have been seeing exactly the same behaviour. I bought an ATV2 pretty quickly after they became available at my local Apple Reseller store. I see this issue every couple of weeks or so and it drives me bonkers as every other setting appears to stick without issue.

I had searched on the Internet previously to see if anyone has seen this but there was nothing I could find until I saw this post. What's really interesting is that I am from Jersey as well! I am presuming that this is "real" Jersey, not New Jersey?

This leads me to think that there may be a common factor here which wasn't obvious before. I wonder if Apple is doing some checking on the IP addresses used by the ATVs (our broadband IP) to make sure we a connected to the "correct" iTunes store? My ISP is Jersey Telecom - so I would normally get a 82. or an 87. IP address from memory.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? On the basis that the ATV has the ability to update directly from Apple it may also have the ability to have it's settings forcibly (and incorrectly) changed.

Or we may just have faulty units.... But I am sceptical of that.

Kind regards,

James