ATV2 Tethered

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by whoknows87, May 22, 2013.

1. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

I purchased an ATV2 that was Jailbroken Tethered and I can not get it to boot up to save my life, I've done tethered boots for iPad and iPhones before, but this is not working at all, I downloaded Seas0nPass , hit boot tethered plugged the USB to the laptop , hold for 7 seconds it begins to flash fast, then it sit still for a split second then again it flashes slower this time.. I figured my timing is off or so , I've done it more than 20 times

could it be the device?

it's running 5.2.1

2. zodiaque macrumors member

you'll have to redo the whole tethered jailbreaking process, then it should work

3. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

didn't know ATV tethered boot is that much of a pain

4. jlluna macrumors 6502

In order to boot your Apple TV. You need to make sure you try to boot it with the same computer you jail broke it with. For some reason you have to run the season pass jailbreak process to use that computer to boot the Apple TV.

5. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

got the apple logo on the TV screen, but that's about it it never goes past DFU mode, should I follow seas0n pass jailbreak steps? I've never jailbroken an ATV before I did do iPhone/iPad

6. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

It's pretty easy. I would restore through iTunes first (might need to put it into DFU mode) and then use Seas0npass to jailbreak tethered. Just do what it tells you to do and you'll be fine.

7. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

got fixed turned out it was something to do with the hosts deleted those and then did the whole jailbreak process again

8. Mr-Kerrse macrumors 6502

Not a pain at all but the tethered bit gives it away, the apple tv does not have an internal battery so when you unplug of course you lose your tethered jailbreak. :cool:

Personally never bother with the tethered breaks anyway for atv2's prefer to wait on the untethered !