ATV4 App Store not working

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sturtles, Sep 17, 2016.

1. sturtles, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016

sturtles macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, just did an update to the ATV4 -32 GB, and the App store no longer has the search function(the search link just displays nothing), and clicking on new apps no longer do anything.. I have checked and internet connection is still active

Anyone else with this issue?

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Reboot -- if that doesn't fix it, then it sounds like an AppleCare tech support call waiting to happen :(

3. stellarvore, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016

stellarvore macrumors newbie

stellarvore

I have same issue and I must say it is the new tvOs, before i updated i could use without problem the app store, after i updated the system the store did´t work properly.
    I created an US iTunes account and i logged in to the device and the store works without problems.
    i tried restoring, restarting, and all , i went to buy a C-type USB cable to restore through iTunes and the problem continues. Then I realize that everytime i go to browse in top charts the info doesn't display and i go to featured, search or categories the app store anymore, so for now the solution is not going to top charts, I am based in Finland. Seems the failure affects some costumers from europe and Asia.