aTV4 Apple Music Limitation

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mic j, Nov 9, 2015.

1. mic j, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015

mic j macrumors 68030

Have the new aTV4. Pretty happy with it in general, but have noticed that Apple Music playlists are limited to a maximum of 250 songs. What's up with that? Anyone else notice it or is it something wrong with my system?

Edit: Also, just noticed there is no ability to shuffle in a play list.

2. mic j thread starter macrumors 68030

So am I to assume no one else has these issues or no one cares about these issues? Letting me know either way would be helpful. Thanks.

3. Cory Bauer macrumors 6502a

There's a shuffle option for Apple's playlists, but it's absent for your own, which is dumb. I imagine most people haven't ran up against the 250 song limit in playlists yet, which is why you're the only one reporting it.

4. mic j thread starter macrumors 68030

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. And yes, the lack of shuffle is only for the playlists I have generated. I have read on the Apple Forums that emailing the playlist makes it "Shared" and the shuffle function appears. I have not tried this out yet though.

5. JRobinsonJr macrumors regular

Although I overall like the new TV I continue to be totally baffled by the seemingly basic features that do not work... or at least do not work well. Playlist Shuffle is a great example. It's not like this is a new idea or something that Apple's not done before. From a UX perspective it's as if Apple started throwing something together a few months ago and this was the best they could do. No, I don't believe that, but it sure seems to be true.

6. mic j thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm with you on that. I basically like it too. But I am continually asking myself if it is really worth $130 more than the aTV3 with the obvious holes it has in the "user experience", which if I remember what TC has said correctly, that's what Apple is all about. Time will tell.